As a freelance journalist, one of the things branding can do is increase your 'power' with regards to the institutions you're working with – or want to work with. The bigger audience you have and the bigger your brand, the more negotiating power you have over the kind of stories you produce and the fees you charge for them.
In this one-hour webinar, Abigail Edge shares tips for creating a professional personal brand that reflects both your personality and your career goals to accentuate the value of your work.
💡 This recorded training covers:
- What is a personal brand?
- Why is branding important for freelance journalists?
- Exercise: Identifying your niche
- Personal branding
- Social media overview- Websites & SEO
- Professional memberships
- Building an audience - Collaborative journalism
- Networking - Distribution Lists
- Useful branding tools (e.g. IFTTT, Google Analytics, Canva, Moo cards)
- Pitfalls and how to avoid them.
🖥️. Check the presentation included in this webinar here 👈Watch training session
As a freelance journalist, you will often work independently or outside of a newsroom. Sharpening your fact-checking and verification skills is vital to protect both you and your stories from mis- and disinformation. Knowing the networks and resources you can turn to for help means you’re not alone in this important fight.
Find tips, expert databases, and practical tools for journalists covering gender issues and journalists reporting on other topics interested in improving gender balance in their stories. Learn how to explore gender and identity angles in your stories.