As a freelance journalist, you will often work independently or outside of a newsroom. Sharpening your fact-checking and verification skills is vital to protect both you and your stories from mis- and disinformation. Knowing the networks and resources you can turn to for help means you’re not alone in this important fight.
💡 Download your guide and learn how to:
- Organise and verify your information
- Collaborate to avoid spreading disinformation
- Protect yourself from legal risks
- Access databases & fact-checking sites
- Bonus: Interactive verification checklist!Download
Charlotte Godart, an investigator for Bellingcat and Eric Reidy a freelance journalist involved in crowdsourcing information for migrant-related stories talk about crowdsourcing stories, what it means and how to go about it.
In this episode, the team of Freelancing for Journalists talk about safety and security and what it means for freelance journalists.