In this guide, created by and for freelancers, you will find tips, expert databases, and practical tools for journalists covering gender issues and journalists reporting on other topics interested in improving gender balance in their stories.
💡 Download your guide and learn how to:
- Look for gender balance and representation in your sources to tackle the marginalisation of women and LGBTQ+ people voices.
- Choose your words and images carefully to avoid perpetuating stereotypes.
- Address implicit biases - including your own.
- Avoid being reductive and understand that men, women, transgender people and other identities are not homogenous groups.
- Explore gender and identity angles in your stories
- Report on sexual and gender-based violence
- Report on transgender persons.
Reporting on poverty that centres the voices and knowledge of those experiencing it, requires time, commitment and a deep understanding of its causes.
In this guide, freelance journalists can find tips, useful links and sources, expert databases, and tools to step up their stories about the ongoing vaccination campaigns and public debate.